Moments

Every moment eventually becomes a memory. It's the inevitable truth of life. Some memories aren't very prominent, some we would even rather forget, but some are just so precious that it hurts when they're gone. No matter how many times you keep playing it over and over in your head, it's just not the same thing. The moment has already gone and maybe we need to move on. Maybe it's unhealthy to be stuck thinking about the same old memories. Maybe there's a point where we just have to let go -- and make room for new ones.

Do you know that feeling that while you're in a moment, you're suddenly hit by the fact that it will be over soon? It happens to me from time to time, and it happened this one time in December when I was with someone that I really cared about. It just hit me. I was so afraid that we would lose it forever, that it would soon become a memory that would eventually fade. I needed to find a way to hold onto that memory. So we exchanged objects. I thought this way, we would each have reminders of that day. Time passed... And I never needed that object to remind me of that day because the memory of it never faded. Even on days where I was really pissed at that person, for whatever reason, the memory was there, clear as day. This makes me wonder, who decides which memories will stay and which ones will fade? Maybe some just take longer to fade than others.

I hate that everything is temporary. I know that it's a two-sided coin, meaning, the bad things are temporary, just as the good ones are. I also realize that better things might be awaiting us. We will get moments that are more special, more fun, more exciting. Life is a rollercoaster and it's everchanging. Even if that's true, you know in your heart that no new memory is going to take away from that special one that you keep holding onto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Y (compilation)

a tribue to amy (and a realization) on july 11

artık ölmek istiyorum