emotional unavailability

Honestly, I don't know what's wrong with me. Sometimes, I don't know if I'm genuinely feeling love towards a certain person or if it's just a very temporary emotional state I tend to get in because of a song that affects me, or if sometimes it's the outcome of some other emotion. For instance, it may be possible that I'm actually missing home but then I go onto pouring all those emotions into a superficial state I create, which I then call "missing my ex". I forcedly cry a little bit, look at a few pictures, rethink all of the stuff that we went through, then go ahead and write a few paragraphs. Then, every once in a while, the same procedure repeats itself with slight differences.

I don't rely on my "emotions" because one minute I think that I'm missing someone, the other minute I can flirt with another person, and then maybe sleep with a completely different person -- provided they are attractive enough. Or maybe I genuinely love and miss the first person, but just distract myself with the latter. Because each new love that comes my way, I feel like it's always incomplete in some way. Had I shared a complete and fulfilling, loving relationship, I probably wouldn't even be writing this.

Essentially, I think that I use a lot of what I've learned growing up from tales, movies or musicals and don't really know how to explore my very own, one of a kind emotions. I guess this makes me "emotionally unavailable" and I am ignorant, in that I'm not able to see through myself and grasp my emotions. I truly wish for myself that as I keep maturing, I will be able to unlock all of these emotions.

It's kind of sad how a person can be so distant and in a way, unattached to their own self.

What's worse is I drag along people with me. I just hope that if someone has to get hurt, it will be me. I couldn't live with myself if I ended up hurting someone else.

I don't know who to blame for this issue that I seem to have, but then again, I might be making this all up. Maybe I'm overthinking and dramatizing; maybe this is a "normal" thing to go through, maybe it's something that I will come to understand with age, maybe it's the consequence of expecting something much more intense, something much different (again because of all the tales and everything) — and this gets in the way of my happiness in a way, and causes me to suspect my feelings.

Writing this, and having written so much, has probably helped me with this issue and I didn't even realize it up until now. I guess this means that I will keep on writing.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this.
    https://www.4connerpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG we share so many common ideas on this kind of stuff. The stories that make us 'us' or the stories that we find ourselves in it even if we don't want it sicerely but just want to live it. And then, regret it, or I am sure that you are in this idea: "you lived it because you needed to live". You need to put a "watch" gadget on your blog or and "suscribe" button. It would be great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Y (compilation)

a tribue to amy (and a realization) on july 11

artık ölmek istiyorum